Sunday, December 22, 2013

Up the Mast for maintenance work

Today I had some maintenance work to get done up the mast. First, We went sailing 2 weeks ago and were using the 155% genoa and pulled the rubber spreader boots off. Yes I know. I just put them up this summer. I think we need to really help the Genoa around while tacking so as not to peel them off the spreaders.

I had Jim there to act as my grinder and safety man. He also helped me with getting stuff I Needed to pull up.Tools and what-nots. I spent 4 hours up there.
I Had the spreader boots done in a snap but the mounting of the anchor light took some time. I took the st50 wind gauge off and sent it down to Jim to work on while I installed the new light. Once jim was done with the wind transducer I reinstalled it. After I came down, Jim had to leave. He had promised Marcia that he would be home by 4:00. I cleaned up the mess and headed home.  I was exhausted from the 42.6 feet climb. 
Here is a shout video of the harbor from atop East coast Lady's mast. Turned out to be a great day.













Well except for flooding the house with the 80 Gal hot water heater on Sami's 18 birthday. But thats a whole nother story. Enjoy the video of Port Royal Landing Marina from a different view point.
Cheers,
Capt. Curt 

No comments:

Post a Comment