Monday, November 25, 2013

My two Ladies and I

On a fall day in November we took the East Coast lady out for a sail. It was Just Debby and I. When I have them two to myself, I find a little bit of heaven. It's enchanting and endearing at the same time..I am truly blessed to have them both in my life. Watching her become a sailor is so enjoyable. She is a natural at this sailing thing. She has a A-1 personality and we all know that. yes I'm Talking about Deb. She is the Admiral and I'm only the Captain and I should do well to remember that.  
  She stands with confidence. and she works the boat with grace and poise. I don't have to tell her to do simple task like, pre-wrapping a drum on the lazy sheets or the skirt the Genoa. She reads the puffs and watches out for crab traps and channel markers. She is my second set of eyes at the dock and in the river. We are becoming one on the water as we have been all of our life.I trust her and we are both growing and learning.


 I have talked to a lot of other sailors that have never been able to get their wive's on their boats for more that a day sail. Some have written extensively on the topic of women cruisers and women sailors. It was my hope and goal for this to be our dream not just mine. Most all the wisdom eludes to the fact if you trick or coerce them on board, they will not stay for the duration of the retirement voyages. She loves sailing and I love having her on board with me. She is a beautiful lady Debby and the East Coast lady. Thank you God for allowing me this time with the both of them. I do count my blessings and am thankful.
Next time we will take you with us. Please come and we will go for a day sail. God bless you and have a great winter season.
Cheers Cpt. Curt.


No comments:

Post a Comment