Monday, August 6, 2012

Identify the sails in the inventory

I spent much time and effort trying to identify the sails in the inventory of the east Coast lady. This past week I went to the Port Royal landing and hanked each one up in an effort to bring this riddle to a close. The first photo here is a thin cloth sail. It looks to be a 155% Genoa. I did not measure it with a tape. It just looks to be past the mast by over 150 %. Here is a photo of that sail of. It’s a good thing I had light air to display the sail without putting too much pressure on the mooring.

In this next shot is a sail I was told by a follow sailor from the dock was a 170% cruising sail. Very big and should be used in light air only.  He said it could overpower the boat really fast.  Here is a shot of this sail. I’m excited to put these sails up on a sunny day and try them out. It’s a great adventure to learn about the boat and her sails. Maybe Marcia, Jim Deb and I can go out this weekend. If we make it out I will report back of the sails and how the preformed.  Here is the photo of what is believed to be a 170% cruising Genoa.




See ya on the breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment