Friday, March 9, 2012

March the 9th 2012 The Lady gets hauled out for cleaning and paint.

Today was a much anticipated day. John Jim and myself moved the East coast lady the three miles or so to the Marsh harbor marina were she was pulled out to get a deep cleaning and new paint job. I knew how slow she was under power I was thinking she was under powered either by engine or the wrong prop? Look at the photo and you will see what the problem is. She had a complete ecosystem growing on her bottom. I am so excited to see her come out. I have wanted for this to happen for 3 months. They said by mid week they will set her back in. I have so much to do. I have a whole list of repairs and upgrades to get started on. I look forward to the day us hank up the sail for the first time. If the Lord is willing I will sail her before June. Debbie and I am so excited to begin.

The Bottom
After the scrapping
Now a deep Cleaning.
After the pressure wash.

I can just see it now with new paint. She will be beutiful again.
The prop cleaned up real nice. here is a before and after shot.



After

No comments:

Post a Comment